Sunday, January 30, 2011

Thoughts on a Rainy Sunday

I heard the usual flock of finches earlier, and when I stepped out to empty the garbage there were a couple of sparrows sitting in my neighbor's tree. Today started off with rain, but is now just overcast. Glad to see the rain after the nearly endless fog we've had for most of the month. Change is good!

Well, this week the only thing I did consistently was write the Morning Pages - ofttimes in the afternoon or in the evening however, so perhaps not so consistently after all! After last week's post, I hit the gym - amazing how empty it was - oh, yeah, playoff weekend for the NFL! I did manage to get all the machines I like to use...so, go Packers! Then I did manage to hit my trainer on Monday and again yesterday. In between, life struck. Mother Nature reminded me this week that I am still a fertile female via the monthly cleansing (which nixes several yoga asanas, going to the gym, and even the trainer for at least two days!). I will be glad when that particular part of life is over. I decided long ago no more kids after I hit 30 - and now with two adorable grandchildren who are full of energy, I'm glad I stuck to that resolution!

This week, I am posting prompts on the CHPercolators Yahoo group. I get to do this every six to eight weeks or so through the year. It's fun to see what everyone comes up with as prompts and how they present them!

My Artist Date was a cleansing of a different sort - I cleaned out and reorganized three-fourths of my office. Sorted through magazines, kept the articles I wanted, tossed the rest. Have a pile to head to the break room at work to find use in someone else's hands. Have all my yoga routines in one spot for easy reference, and started my travel dream book, collecting info on all the places I'd like to go and things I'd like to do in the future. All cleaning I've been meaning to do, but haven't made the time to until yesterday. My office feels so much lighter, even though most of that stuff was in the closet, hidden from view! Amazing how the things that are out of sight or below the surface can still weigh us down.

I did finish Julia Cameron's book this week - The Sound of Paper, Starting from Scratch. She gave me lots to think about and several exercises to weave into my writing/retrospection on life, including the Morning Pages.

No comments: