Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sun after Storms - 20 Feb 11

Or perhaps more storms to come? With the budget woes not abating in Washington, I and many of my fellow Federal civilian employees may be furloughed - which will not help the economy, since we will not have funds to spend if we are furloughed. And it disturbs me to see the programs that the gentlemen and women of Congress are looking to cut - mainly domestic programs that help the poor and underprivileged, particularly women and children. Make no mistake - this is still very much a man's world, as evidenced by these proposed cuts.

I say this to Congress - I have voted every election since 1982, and I strong encourage everyone to vote - particularly those who say their vote doesn't count. This is my country too, dagnabit, and my children's and my grandchildren's! I say Nay to the Tea Partiers, Nay to the Birthers, Nay to those who will not take care of their brothers and sisters here in the United States of America first before extending the hand to others!

If we allow our internal infrastructure - both people and things - to decay, crumble and fail - we will no longer be able to return to the First World Country status we have enjoyed in the past. In fact, we will fall to Third World Country status in short order.

Do not balance the budget and pay down the National Debt on the backs and lives of those who live here and pay the taxes that pay the bills of our Nation. Take care of us first, or we will not be able to afford to pay these bills much longer!

Okay, off the soap box now...back to normal life - my life. This past week was stressful at work, not so much due to the budget as yet, but due to other things.

I did get to the gym once, did the trainer twice, and did yoga thrice. Perhaps I'll go for a walk or a bike ride today, f the weather holds - right now it's sunny with no wind - perfect for me!

I have done the Daily Pages - not always in the Morning, but at least daily...

And, I found pictures of the critters in How the Elephant Got It's Trunk (and determined that the Limpopo River does exist - and is located in what is now South Africa), so I can hopefully finish that project before my grandson's birthday next month!

Unfortunately, due to the weather, I was not able to have an Artist's Date - unless you wish to count (and I suppose I could) the pictures I took of the Oregon Juncos flitting to and fro in my backyard earlier this week in the rain - silly birds!

And now, laundry beckons...so adieu until next week...

No comments: