Monday, December 31, 2012

Thought to Start the New Year

I nearly put this on my MaXIMIze blog, and then realized perhaps this blog was a better placement for it.

As many of you know, I am not a fan of organized religion, however, I do subscribe most closely to the Science of Mind (now mainly known as Centers for Spiritual Living, aka Religious Science) teachings. I believe that we are all human beings first and everything else comes after that.

The post below is from 365 Science of Mind, a Year of Daily Wisdom from Ernest Holmes, a book of daily readings. It is the last entry in the book.

A Prayer for World Peace

The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof.

I know there is but One Mind, which is the mind of God, in which all people live and move and have their being.

     I know there is a divine pattern for humanity and within this pattern there is infinite harmony and peace, cooperation, unity, and mutual helpfulness.

     I know that the mind of humankind, being one with the mind of God, shall discover the method, the way, and the means best fitted to permit the flow of Divine Love between individuals and nations.

     Thus harmony, peace, cooperation, unity, and mutual helpfulness are experienced by all.

     I know there will be a free interchange of ideas, of cultures, of spiritual concepts, of ethics, of educational systems and scientific discoveries - for all good belongs to all alike.

     I know that, because Divine Mind created us all, we are bound together in one infinite and perfect unity.

     I know that all people and all nations will remain individual but unified for the common purpose of promoting peace, happiness, harmony, and prosperity.

     I know that deep within each person the Divine Pattern of perfect peace is already implanted.

     I now declare that in each person and in leaders of thought everywhere this Divine Pattern moves into action and form, to the end that all nations and all people with live together in peace, harmony, and prosperity forever.

     And so it is.

No comments: