Sunday, April 17, 2011

17 Apr 11 Post


Last week, I was beseeching the members of Congress to do their job and pass a budget for this fiscal year - well they did so. Now, I'm waiting for the news that the President has signed said budget - really a Continuing Resolution that funds the government through 30 September 2011.

So, is it business as usual come tomorrow, or are we still on pins and needles here? But for the want of a signature...sigh...

On to the rest of life.

The picture above was taken at Hidden Falls Regional Park in Auburn CA, and was the impetus (along with the hike I took) for my poetry offering yesterday on my poetry blog. I've managed to write a poem a day for 16 days so far this month, which happens to be National Poetry Month!

I've written free verse, sapphic verse, tankas, haikus and senyrus. I feel most drawn to the 5/7/5 tempo of the haiku and senyru, but also the 5/7/5/7/7 tempo of the tanka. I'll see what other traditional styles I can fit in over the next 14 offerings.

And, like several weeks recently, the hike is the only exercise I've gotten around to this week. Am likely to pay for it with stiff calves for the next few days!

Next week, however, I am looking forward to a My Girlfriends Garden event in Roseville - the second session of Creative to the Core: Peeling Back the Layers - on Thursday!

And, I have a job interview on Wednesday for a potential promotion. Wish me luck! The job would be very challenging, but I feel that I am up for it!

No comments: