Sunday, April 03, 2011

4 Apr 11 - Poetry Month



This week has been busy, yet not. Four days of day job work, one day of grocery shopping and grandchildren, and one day of bicycling and enjoying Nature and music. And today - a day of languid stillness.

Also this week, we saw the beginning of a new month, April, which is also National Poetry Month. As I stated in my last blog, I've started a new blog dedicated to poetry and the art thereof. Here is the link for today's poem - Savoring the Stillness.

And, I'll share a quote and a couple of pictures I've run across/taken this week:

"Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up." ~Pearl Buck

The two cabins are along the route of Party Pardee, the bike ride I went on yesterday. I love my iPhone! ; )

The time spent with my grandchildren was at Fairytale Town and the Sacramento Zoo - it was a beautiful day, the weather had been clear enough that all the attractions were dry, and the carousel was running at the Zoo! Somehow the last time we were at the Zoo, we missed a whole row of animals, even though we walked around the grounds three times that day!

As for the nus and bolts of the exercise/writing/et al this week...

The only real exercise was the nearly 29 miles I rode yesterday for the Party Pardee, which starts at Charles Howard Park in Ione, CA and winds around near Lake Camanche and Lake Pardee in Amador County. No gym, no trainer, and no yoga. : (

I've managed the Daily Pages, even when I've totally spaced them in the AM. The languidness and stillness of the day came to me as I was writing the ones for today.

I also attended a really cool session of My Girlfriends Garden in Roseville this week - this group is doing a program called "Creative to the Core; Peeling Back the Layers" over the next six months or so.

Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next week!

No comments: