Monday, May 03, 2010

Looking Up - Can't Never Did Nothing

"Can't never did nothing" was perhaps the only grammatically incorrect phrase I ever heard from my mother's mouth. We went rounds when I was in junior high/middle school and started using the word "ain't." She'd say, "Ain't ain't a word" and I'd counter that it was in the dictionary and that made it a word. I guess that's why I think there is nothing a person cannot do if they are willing to work for it. Now, there may be other limitations, however, even most of those can be conquered with patience and perseverance. Note I said most, not all. One also has to realize when to give up and move on. Sometimes you have to do that. You have to recognize that one door has closed, but many are still open. You just have to walk through them.

No comments: