Sunday, May 02, 2010

Looking Up - Day 2

For some reason as I pondered on the theme today, a Sheryl Crow song came to mind - Soak Up the Sun (lyrics to be found here: http://new.music.yahoo.com/sheryl-crow/tracks/soak-up-the-sun-radio-edit--2009357).

The line that always gets me is the one about buying the things it takes to get her some of his love. And then there is the one about when she's looking up, he's looking down. But then she counters with "I'm still the king of me."

That's the message, I think, that we are each "the king of me" and no one can take that away from us. No one can take away your dignity or your honor without your permission. Every one of us is a human being, first and foremost, and therefore precious and part of a large family that spans the globe.

So, go forth, practice random acts of kindness, pay it forward, look for the good in first yourself and then in others. For you cannot love others if you do not love yourself.

Namaste and Peace be with You.

No comments: